Education for Justice promotes outreach and education on Catholic Social Teaching (CST) and social justice issues. The Project provides resource materials, presentations, training and consultations to Catholic high schools and colleges, to diocesan offices and groups, to parishes, small faith communities, and to a variety of networks and organizations.
Our Education for Justice site offers a wide range of print-ready educational materials that can be used with groups and in classes to provide information, promote critical thinking, and spark discussion.
To go directly to the Education for Justice site click this link: https://www.educationforjustice.org
Current Project Activities
Current project activities include the following:
- Research on current trends in faith formation, pedagogy, and Catholic Social Teaching
- Resource creation of timely materials for a broad range of educators and leaders promoting Catholic Social Teaching
- Convening of a national group of Catholic Justice Educators which includes NCEA, CRS, USCCB, NETWORK, Maryknoll for Global Concerns, JustFaith and others.
- Collaborating with members across the country
- Convening educators through summer workshops and symposiums
- Presenting workshops, seminars, and in-service trainings for faculties, staffs and parish groups, and others.
Mission and Vision of Project
The Education for Justice site was created to help teachers, social action directors, parish members, campus ministers, and others in leadership roles to meet the challenge of sharing Catholic Social Teaching and bring greater awareness to social justice issues.
The mission of the Education for Justice site is rooted in the biblical call of justice. As disciples, we are called to see, hear, understand, and respond to the message of the gospel and the manifestations of injustice that demand the engagement of our heads, hearts and hands.
Reading and responding to the signs of the times is an urgent call of living our faith today. Love of God and love of neighbor are one.
All Education for Justice resources are designed to promote greater knowledge of Catholic Social Teaching and highlight the connection between current world events and our faith. Living as a disciple in a globalized world requires both greater awareness of local and global justice issues and ongoing faith formation.
The objectives of the Education for Justice site include:
- Providing timely and engaging educational resources which highlight the foundations of Catholic Social Teaching and real-world applications.
- Promoting increased knowledge of the Church’s social mission.
- Supporting people of faith in making the connections between the signs of the times and the demands of the gospel locally and globally.
- Developing the skills of theological reflection and social analysis needed in a globalizing world.
- Encouraging greater awareness and engagement with justice issues.
- Fostering a transformation of mind and heart through materials created.