Center of Concern | Fri, Aug 5, 2011
Seeking: Undergraduate or graduate student in Communications, Marketing, Theatre and Performance Studies, Public Relations, Information Technology, or Graphics Design with an interest in working for social justice. Candidates with experience and interest in graphic design, video editing, and Web site management are preferred.
Goals: To offer challenging experiences for interns in both strategic and tactical communications activities in support of the Center's initiatives across all projects and to all stakeholders.
What you can expect to do:
- Support the goals and activities of the Department of Communications.
- Research and develop storylines in support of Center-based Projects.
- Research and update current media contacts.
- Prepare and implement a 360 promotional strategy.
- Support the Center's social media tactics.
- Produce and/or edit Center videos.
- Establish and grow relationships both internal and external to the Center to enhance productivity.
- Senior or graduate student, or university graduate wanting to expand professional experiences.
- Excellent communication skills: oral, written, and computer. (MAC-based environment)
- An interest in human rights and social justice issues.
- Friendly, upbeat, flexible, trustworthy, self-motivated, and reliable.
Hours of work: Negotiable and dependent upon the individual's schedule.
Start date: Ongoing
Length of Commitment: Depends upon availability. Prefer semester or longer.