Center of Concern | Thu, Oct 20, 2011
Fr. Patrick Howell SJ, professor of pastoral theology at Seattle University, attempts to connect the Occupy Wall Street Movement, Steve Jobs, and Catholic Social Teaching in his recent op-ed piece in the Seattle Times.
“In its simplest terms, the message of the protesters is that the top 1 percent — corporate executives, the rich elite — are gobbling up the resources, leaving the crumbs for the remaining 99 percent. It's a prophetic critique of individualistic greed and a call to attend to the common good, especially to the weakest and most vulnerable among us.”